National Program – Fund for Asylum, Migration and Integration
Contract no. ref: FAMI / 19.01.02
Beneficiary: The Ecumenical Association of Churches in Romania – AIDRom
Partner: Romanian National Council for Refugees – CNRR
The project: “Assistance and integrated services for asylum seekers in Romania – A.S.I.ST. RO. “
The Ecumenical Association of Churches in Romania – AIDRom, in partnership with the Romanian National Council for Refugees – CNRR, officially announces the start of the project: “Assistance and integrated services for asylum seekers in Romania – ASIST RO.”.
The general objective of the project:
The overall objective of the project is to improve the situation of the asylum seekers in Romania by promoting a system of social and complementary material assistance and specialized services in order to increase their standard of living in our country.
The project: “Assistance and integrated services for asylum seekers in Romania – A.S.I.ST. RO. ”, aims to provide specific services for asylum seekers in Romania, by: providing information and advice on legal rights and obligations regarding: labor market, education system, social insurance system, etc., social and legal counseling to help them to solve the problems they face, accessing the available public services, facilitating social integration through socio-cultural, educational and recreational activities and providing Romanian language courses, as well as material assistance.
Also, asylum seekers will be provided with 2 accommodation spaces for vulnerable persons, in the 2 AIDRom centers (Bucharest and Timisoara), as an alternative to accommodation in the spaces offered by the Accommodation and Asylum Procedures Centers in the country.
Asylum seekers will participate in accommodation activities in the Romanian society, educational and recreational activities, Romanian language learning courses and will benefit from accessing the educational system.
By providing specific assistance to asylum seekers, we aim to integrate beneficiaries into the host society.
Building on the vast experience of the two partner organizations, the project aims to address the following main areas of action:
- To provide social and legal counseling and assistance (other than asylum procedures). In this regard, the project aims to achieve its objectives by offering assistance, counseling and complementary facilities to asylum seekers. They will be informed about the set of socio-economic rights and legal obligations (other than those regarding the asylum procedure) that they have; effective material assistance to improve the living standards of asylum seekers, Romanian language courses for minors and adults as well as a series of cultural and recreational activities, developing professional skills, in order to accommodate asylum seekers to the characteristics of the Romanian society. The number of beneficiaries advised and informed will be a minimum of 600 asylum seekers
- Also, the Accomodation and Counseling Centers in Bucharest and Timișoara will continue to operate, where the categories of asylum seekers belonging to especially vulnerable groups: women, single-parent families, families with children will benefit from accommodation and assistance, information and counseling services, persons with disabilities, elderly persons, victims of human trafficking, persons subjected to torture, rape or other serious forms of physical, psychological or sexual violence, and other persons in special situations, to supplement the number of accommodation places in the related regions. Provide effective material assistance to asylum seekers in order to improve the reception conditions and their standard of living.
- Specifically, particular emphasis will be placed on the assistance and facilities provided to asylum seekers belonging to vulnerable categories.
- To provide educational services, cultural accommodation and recreational activities, as well as Romanian language courses for minors and adults
Places of development:
Bucharest and Ilfov County
- Somcuta Mare
- Other localities in the country where there are asylum seekers who will need assistance
The project is implemented by AIDRom – the Ecumenical Association of Churches in Romania, in partnership with the Romanian National Council for Refugees – CNRR, a project funded by the European Union and the General Inspectorate for Immigration, through the National Program – the Fund for Asylum, Migration and Integration.
The project is implemented for a period of 12 months: August 13, 2019 – August 12, 2020. The total budget of the project is: 1,696,217.50 lei.
In granting the facilities within the project for asylum seekers in Romania, the recommendations received from the integration officers from the Accommodation and Procedures for Asylum Centers, will be taken into account, and the activities will be carried out in close collaboration with General Inspectorate for Immigration.
The composition of the target group consists mainly of: most families (about 35%) and single men (about 45%), single women with children (about 15%), unaccompanied minors (about 5%).
For more information please contact the representatives of the organizations involved in the project:
AIDRom – Elena Timofticiuc, AIDRom Project Manager, tel: 021.212.48.68, mobile: 0722 804 911, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNRR – Romanian National Council for Refugees, Mr. Niculae Cârcu, Project Coordinator, E-mail: email@example.com
Project Manager – AIDRom
Through the “Assistance and facilities for asylum seekers in Romania. Improving the living standards and implementing a responsibility of asylum seekers” Project, Reference number: ERF / 11.01-01.02 / 2012 the Ecumenical Association of Churches in Romania – AIDRom in partnership with ARCA – Romanian Forum for Refugees and Migrants, we are offering complex assistance to the asylum seekers in our country. The project is financed through the European Refugee Fund by the European Union and the General Inspectorate for Immigration from Romania.
The project is being implemented in seven regional centers of accommodation and procedures for asylum seekers, under the authority of General Inspectorate for Immigration from Romania, in Bucharest (2 centers), Timisoara, Radauti, Somcuta Mare, Galati and Giurgiu. Each implementation team in every city is made of a full-time social worker and one Romanian language teacher.
The project provides social counseling for asylum seekers, material assistance by providing food coupons for food and hygiene products as well as medical assistance by accompanying asylum seekers with health problems and financial coverage of any medical treatment. Beneficiaries also can participate in Romanian language courses and cultural exchange sessions about Romania.
Asylum seekers are counseled on how to access the education system in Romania or in any other social direction that is required.
In Timisoara, the project operates an emergency center for asylum seekers, within which there are 15 beds for vulnerable asylum seekers. It offers modern living conditions (access to kitchen, bathroom, courtyard, outbuildings)as well as safety and quietness: the location in a quiet part of town and makes the beneficiaries accommodated in our shelter to feel safe.
Total project value is 868,654.40 Ron ( 130.000 EUR ) and the funding sources are: 75% of the funds are provided by the European Commission, 20% of the are funds provided from the national budget, 5% is the financial contribution of our organization.
The implementation period is for 3 years: 05.07.2012 – 30.06.2015
Manager: Elena Timofticiuc – AIDRom Coordinator: Jeff Samoila – ARCA Assistant Project: Catalina Niculescu – AIDRom
Video Presentation of the project
National News Coverage/ 2012
The address of the regional centers of accommodation and procedures for asylum seekers, under the authority of General Inspectorate for Immigration from Romania:
Str. Vasile Stolnicul, nr. 15, bl. 13, sector 2, Bucuresti
Telefon: 021–240 84 27
Fax: 021–240 85 10
Str. Tudor Gociu, nr.24A, sct.4, Bucuresti
Bulevardul 1907, judetul GIURGIU
Telefon :0246 – 215056
Fax: 0246 – 215055
Str. Savinesti nr.2, Galati, judetul GALATI
Telefon :0236 – 323878
Fax: 0236 – 323884
Str. Perilor nr.2, Radauti, judetul SUCEAVA
Telefon :0230 – 564462; 0230 – 564463
Fax: 0230 – 564464
E-mail: cradauti.ori@ mai.gov.ro
Str. Cetatii nr.1A, Somcuta Mare, judetul MARAMURES
Telefon :0262 – 280004
Fax: 0262 – 280004
Str. Armoniei nr.33, Timisoara, judetul TIMIS
E-mail: ctimisoara.ori@ mai.gov.ro